Harbor Island Park Needs Friends Like You
Harbor Island Park is the “Jewel of Mamaroneck.” The 44.5 acre park overlooks one of the loveliest harbors in Long Island Sound. Its sweeping vistas and proximity to Mamaroneck Village’s shopping district make the park a vital resource for our community. Westchester residents are drawn to the park for athletic events such as baseball, soccer, tennis, boating, fishing and camping tents; community events; the enjoyment of nature; the playground, and the beautiful gardens.
This precious resource is tended by the Harbor Island Conservancy, an all-volunteer group. If you use the park, please consider donating your time to spruce up the playground or to weed the gardens. We are also grateful for any financial support you can provide.
Harbor Island Conservancy’s goal is to maintain Harbor Island Park as an enjoyable destination for walking, playing, swimming and fishing. We work in coordination with the Mamaroneck Village government and other organizations to care for the park, providing knowledge, ideas, energy and funding for beautification projects.
Because of the generosity of our supporters – and our partnership with the Village – HIC has accomplished much since our founding in 2003, including:
- Building the world-class playground, with the help of over 200 volunteers
- Named the “Best Themed Park” by Westchester Magazine
- Installed new, easy-to-read signage at park entrances
- Funded and installed new fencing
- Installed a gazebo at the main entrance
- Created a new walkway at the Orienta entrance
- Designed and implemented new landscaping with gardens at both entrances
- Supplied new kayaks for the Mariners program
- Awarded the 2012 Public Service Award: Organization, by the Westchester Recreation and Park Society